Thursday, August 16, 2012

Camden

We sailed to Camden, Maine, what a lovely, beautiful little town. We stayed on a morring bouy  in the harbor sinxce they were packed. Great first class marina. We had to have the boat hauled out to have a leaky prop shaft seal repaired. Then we got to enjoy Camden.  A beautiful little town with all the basics, a latte in the morning with fresh croissants, grocery store, wine store,  ice cream cone (see Gary below enjoyed his ice cream cone)and a great restaurant for dinner.

Plus a little hiking, below is a picture of the view from Mount Battie the highest mountain on the US Atlantic Coast
 Below is what the plaque on Mount Battie commemorating the writing of the poem "Renascence" by Edna St Vincent Millay:
ALL I could see from where I stood
Was three long mountains and a wood
I turned and looked the other way,
And saw three islands in a bay.
So with my eyes I traced the line       
Of the horizon, thin and fine,
Straight around till I was come
Back to where I’d started from;
And all I saw from where I stood
Was three long mountains and a wood.